The swearing in of president-elect William Ruto will take place on Tuesday, September 13th.
The Assumption of the Office of President Committee under the Assumption of the Office of President will facilitate the handing over process by the outgoing President to the President-elect.
According to the constitution the committee is expected to:
1.Facilitate the handing over process by the outgoing President to the President-elect.
2. Organise for the security of the President-elect.
3. Organize for the necessary facilities and personnel for the President elect.
4. Co-ordinate the briefings of the President-elect by relevant public officers.
5. Facilitate communication between the outgoing President and the President-elect.
6. Prepare the programme and organize for the swearing in ceremony.
7. Carry out any other activity necessary for the performance of its functions under the Act and perform any other function assigned to it under any other written law.
During the ceremony the President-elect shall be sworn in publicly before the Chief Justice.
Ruto shall then sign a certificate of inauguration and the outgoing President shall hand over to the President the instruments of power and authority a sword and the Constitution.
Ruto shall then assumes office by taking and subscribing the oath of allegiance, and the oath for the execution of the functions of office.
The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a petition by his opponent Raila Odinga, ruling that Ruto was duly elected in the August 9 General Election.