Email: lakeregionbulletin@gmail.com
Phone: + 254 787 043 173
Tel: + 254 777 345 677

Reprieve to Rongo residents as Sh17 million theatre facility begins operations

Date:

Share post:

Migori residents have received a major boost in the health sector as a new theater facility has been opened at Rongo Sub County Hospital.

The facility comes at a time when the need for surgical health operations has risen in the county.

Patients have been in the recent past forced to outsource for surgical operations outside the county.

For a theater to run successfully, we need three doctors. One on leave, one on shift and the other on a standb

Dr Oyugi

The Sh17 million facility becomes the fourth to be constructed by the county government with similar facilities located Kehancha, Maccalder and Awendo.

Migori County Executive Member for health Kephas Nyamita said that the new theater will help bring closer the operation services to the residents.

Nyamita further noted that the facility will also help in handling the high number of road accident cases received at the hospital.

The hospital has since recorded 200 cases from September last year.

“We usually receive many accident cases which are handled as emergency cases, we will now be able to handle them appropriately,” said Nyamita.

Drugs and Staff

Migori Chief Officer for health Dr Dalmus Oyugi downplayed concerns about the inadequate supply of drugs to the facility. 

For a theater to run successfully, we need three doctors. One on leave, one on shift and the other on a standby

Dr Oyugi

Dr Oyugi confirmed that they have already received drug supplies from KEMSA, enough to sustain the entire county for three months.

“We received KEMSA drugs enough for the Sub County hospitals and the referral hospital,” he said.

He added, “As of now Migori County has enough drugs that can push us for about three months.”

Dr Oyugi however urged the county government to employ more staff for smooth running of the facility.

“For a theater to run successfully, we need three doctors. One on leave, one on shift and the other on a standby,” he said.

Polycarp Ochieng
Polycarp Ochienghttp://www.lakeregionbulletin.co.ke
A talented multimedia journalist with a passion for storytelling through the lenses of a camera and a pen. I have honed my skills in photography and videography to perfection, capturing stunning visuals that bring stories to life. With an eye for detail and a creative mind, I excel in creating compelling visual content that engages and resonates with audiences. In addition to visual skills, I am an exceptional writer with a talent for crafting features for both print and broadcast media. My writing skills are complemented by my ability to conduct thorough research and write winning proposals.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Kenya to Host 7th All Africa Intellectual Property Summit as Africa Seeks Greater Value from Innovation

Nairobi will host the 7th All Africa Intellectual Property Summit from November 11–13, 2026, with discussions expected to...

Digital Learning Still Out of Reach for Many Learners With Visual Impairments

When Lian Achieng, a Grade 7 student at Kibos School for learners with visual impairment, retrieves her class...

The Seed Fight: After Decades in the Shadows, Can Kenya’s New Intellectual Property Law Save Indigenous Knowledge?

For Beatrice Wangoi, saving and sharing seed is not simply farming. It is a tradition handed down through...

Upcoming El Nino rains may displace 200, 000 Kisumu City residents

At least 200, 000 Kisumu City residents are at risk of suffering impacts of the predicted flooding late...